Chip and Wire on Ceramic
Operating from our 180,000 square foot facility in Mansfield, Massachusetts, we have been producing Mil-certified Data Acquisition components since 1970. The hermetically sealed components are assembled in our class 100,000 clean room on thick-film substrates, and all Hi-Rel products are fully tested over their extended operating temperature range.
- Full MIL-PRF-38534 Class H, ISO 9001:2015 certified and compliant facility
- Die attach process - conductive and non-conductive epoxies
- Wire Bonding - 1 mil Au wire
- Seam Seal - welded lid
- Conducted in a class 100,000 clean-room
- Hi-Reliability commercial, industrial and MIL-883 electronic components
- ROHS and non ROHS compliant processes are available
Chip-Wire and SMT on FR4
To provide the smallest packages at the lowest cost we have introduced a new form of Hybrid, incorporating chip-wire and SMT technology on FR4, housed in Mini SMT Quad-Pak or traditional TDIP.
- Die attach with 1 mil Au wire bonding
- Mini SMT Liquid Crystal Polymer Quad-Pak
- Commercial and extended temperature range testing
- ROHS and non-ROHS compliant processes are available
Surface Mount Technology
Commercial products not requiring hermetically sealed packaging can be manufactured using SMT technology to provide the same performance but at a lower cost.
- Auto pick and place
- Manual pick and place
- AOI inspection
- Lot control verification
- Auto pin insertion
- High-temp solder assembly
- Through-hole assembly
- Flying leads
- ROHS or non-ROHS compliant
Hermetically sealed products manufactured in our Class 100,000 clean room are assembled on thick-film substrates.
- Conductor, dielectric, glassivation, resistor pastes
- Single- or multi-layer
- Thick film resistors screened onto the substrate
- RoHS and non-RoHS compliant
Test & Environmental
All products, whether using chip-wire, chip-wire and SMT, or solely SMT, are fully tested to their specified static and dynamic parameters. Hi-Rel devices are fully tested under their specified extended temperature ranges. An MES tracking system monitors each step of the manufacturing process and records all test results, providing lot control and traceability for all data acquisition products.
- Dynamic FFT & static ATE
- Extended temperature testing
- Temp cycling
- Hermeticity testing
- Life test